Like the books in all our book baskets, the books in our Christening Gift Basket have been carefully chosen to enhance infant cognitive development by providing a variety of listening experiences.
The emphasis is on the rhyme and rhythmic language which babies and small children love so much and which is so important for stimulating their love of language and their awareness of how language works.
The Christening Gift Basket contains the following books:
Please note that the book cover images shown here may differ to those in the basket, depending on the print edition.
- Reading Magic: Why Reading Aloud to our Children Will Change their Lives Forever
- Bible Animals, a mini library of six board books
- Baby’s First Prayers (board book)
- Bible Mini-Pops (pop-up book)
- The Lion Children’s Bible
- The Story of Jesus (board book with handle)
- My Very First Bible Stories (board book with handle)
- A First Books of The Lord’s Prayer
A cuddly toy is great for little hands to hold while listening to the stories.
The basket is designed to store the books so that they can be kept close at hand, either in baby’s bedroom or in the family living area. This makes it easy for caregivers to reach for a story regularly throughout the day.
When baby can sit up – and later crawl – the basket can be kept on the floor to encourage baby to handle the books whenever he or she likes.