Christening Gift Basket
If you’re looking for baptism gift ideas, this beautiful gift basket makes a unique and thoughtful gift to mark this special time in a child’s life.
The Christening Gift Basket contains five special books plus two sets of six cute mini-books, each in their own little case. There’s also a children’s bible, a book of prayers and a selection of bible stories, all designed for very young children, plus a book for the new parents about how and why reading to children is important.
If their faith is a big part of the family’s life, this carefully-chosen selection of books will delight the whole family and provide a wonderful introduction for the baby to some of the central teachings of the family’s religious tradition.
Even if the family is not strongly religious, the books are lovely to read aloud and will be enjoyed for many years.
For the parents, “Reading Magic” is a fascinating book about why reading aloud to children from their very first days is so important.
The basket is lined with your choice of pink or blue gingham.
This gift basket is available to be packed and shipped immediately.
You may add a free personalised gift card at the check-out.
The books in this gift basket have been carefully chosen to appeal to babies and to very young children.
The basket contains the following books:
Please note that the book cover images shown here may differ to those in the basket, depending on the print edition.
- Reading Magic: Why Reading Aloud to our Children Will Change their Lives Forever
- Bible Animals, a mini library containing six stories: Little Sheep Gets Lost, The Pig Who Shared, Donkey Helps a Stranger, Big Fish’s Supper, Lion Misses Breakfast, Elephant Keeps Safe
- Bible for Toddlers, a mini library containing six stories: Jesus Makes Sick People Well, The Man the Lions Couldn’t Eat, The Twelve Friends of Jesus, Moses and the Exodus, The Boy with the Wonderful Coat, Abraham – The Man Who Believed God
- Baby’s First Prayers
- Stilling the Storm OR Joseph
- The Lion Children’s Bible
- My Little Prayer Board Book
A cuddly toy is great for little hands to hold while listening to the stories.
The basket is designed to store the books so that they can be kept close at hand, either in baby’s bedroom or in the family living area. This makes it easy for caregivers to reach for a story regularly throughout the day.
When baby can sit up – and later crawl – the basket can be kept on the floor to encourage baby to handle the books whenever he or she likes.