Christening Gift Basket
Looking for a christening gift idea or for baptism gift ideas?
Featuring a collection of bible stories for children and a beautiful children’s bible, our Christening Gift Basketis the perfect gift for this special occasion in the life of a young child. It also makes a wonderful new baby gift, baby shower gift or birthday gift.
Each book in the Christening Gift Basket is a joy to read aloud and has been carefully chosen to delight parents and small humans from birth up to the age of 4 and beyond. These are the books which will help create treasured childhood memories and spark a love of stories and reading which will last a lifetime.
Your Christening Gift Basket includes:
- a children’s Bible in a hard-cover version for Mum or Dad to read aloud;
- 5 books for babies chosen to encourage a love of stories and reading;
- a set of 6 mini board books in their own case;
- a book for parents about the joys and importance of reading aloud;
- a soft toy for little hands to hold at story time;
- a gorgeous, sturdy basket to help keep books tidy and within easy reach;
Our Christening Gift Basket is perfect for babies and for little ones up to the age of four.
It’s the perfect gift for a christening, baptism or baby-naming ceremony and also makes a lovely baby shower gift or birthday gift.
The books for babies in our Christening Gift Basket have been carefully chosen to enhance the development of young brains by providing a variety of listening experiences. The emphasis is on the rhyme and rhythmic language which babies and small children love so much and which is so important for stimulating their love of language and their awareness of how language works.
Keep your basket of books close at hand to allow easy access to the books for little ones and to encourage impromptu read-aloud sessions.
Our Christening Gift Basket contains the following books for babies and young children:
- The Lion Children's Bible: a beautifully-illustrated hard-cover book containing stories from the old and new testaments;
- Bible Animals: a mini library of six cute board books in their own slip case;
- Baby's First Prayers: a selection of simple prayers written in rhyme;
- Bible Mini-Pops: a pop-up book featuring the stories of Noah, Daniel, Joseph and others;
- The Story of Jesus: the story of Jesus's life in a cute board book which features a padded cover and a handle;
- My Very First Bible Stories: the stories of creation, Moses, Jesus's birth, David and Goliath and other events from the Bible in a cute board book with a padded cover and a handle;
- A First Book of The Lord's Prayer: a larger-format board book to introduce little ones to this special prayer;
- Reading Magic: Mem Fox's fascinating book for parents about the joys and importance of reading aloud to our little ones;
Please note that the book cover images shown here may differ to those in the basket depending on the print edition.
A cute Jellycat soft toy is great for little hands to hold while listening to the story.
The beautiful, sturdy basket is designed to store the books so that they can be kept tidy and close at hand.
Our beautiful baskets are made especially for The Book Basket Company to our specifications and are sturdy enough to stand up to a bit of less-than-gentle handling from little ones. The cute liners are sewn for us here in Sydney by a lovely lady who operates her small business from home.
Basket: white-painted cane
Basket liner: 100% cotton
Jellycat Little Lamb soft toy: polyester, plastic bead filling
Your Christening Gift Basket is designed to stand up to normal wear-and-tear and to handling by young children:
Basket: wipe gently with a damp cloth.
Liner: wash gently in cold water, if needed. Line dry. Do not tumble dry as the cotton will shrink.
Jellycat sheep soft toy: spot clean with a damp cloth to remove any marks. Can be hand-washed. Air dry.
Books: board books are designed to be handled by babies and small children and we encourage this as it’s an important part of how little ones get to know and love books. Yes, the books are likely to become a bit worn but we think that’s OK. We suggest being a bit careful with The Lion Children’s Bible as this is not a board book and with Bible Mini-Pops because the pop-up pieces are easily damaged by little fingers. You may like to keep these two books out of reach of the under-2s, to be shared as read-alouds with Mum or Dad.
Our gift baskets are shrink-wrapped to prevent the books moving around in transit. Each gift basket is protected by a layer of biodegradable, eco-friendly fill inside its shipping box:
Basket (empty): 23cm x 23cm x 14cm (height)
Basket (with books): 23cm x 23cm x 21cm (height)
Basket boxed for delivery: 30cm x 30cm x 30cm
We’re sure you and the little bookworm in your life will love your Christening Gift Basket but if for any reason you don’t please don’t worry. You can return your gift basket, no questions asked, and we’ll give you a full refund, including postage.