Aboriginal Authors Gift Basket
Introduce a special little one to the art and culture of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders with this beautiful collection of board books, all written and illustrated by Aboriginal authors.
The gorgeous books in our Aboriginal Authors Gift Basket are a joy to read aloud and have been carefully chosen to delight parents and small humans from birth up to the age of 4. With colourful illustrations and simple text, they gently explore the connection of First Nations people to Country and to the birds and animals which are unique to this land.
Whether you’re looking for a gift for a special birthday, a baby shower or for a new baby, our Aboriginal Authors Gift Basket is the perfect gift.
Your Aboriginal Authors Gift Basket includes:
- 7 board books for babies written by Australian Aboriginal authors;
- Mem Fox’s book for parents about the importance of reading aloud;
- a soft toy for little hands to hold at story time;
- a gorgeous, sturdy basket to keep books tidy and within easy reach;
Our Aboriginal Authors Gift Basket is perfect for babies and for little ones up to the age of four.
It’s the perfect new baby gift, baby shower gift or birthday gift for a beloved grandchild or friend.
The books for babies in our Aboriginal Authors Gift Basket have been carefully chosen to enhance the development of young brains by providing a variety of listening experiences. We think they're some of the very best books for babies, with their bright, clear illustrations and emphasis on the rhyme and rhythmic language which babies and small children love so much. Rhythm and rhyme in also make books fun to read aloud and are important for stimulating a love of language and and awareness of how language works.
The books in our Aboriginal Authors Gift Basket are board books for babies and are designed for little ones to handle themselves. This is an important part of helping children develop a love of books and reading. Keep your basket of books close at hand to allow easy access to the books for little ones and to encourage impromptu read-aloud sessions.
Our Aboriginal Authors Gift Basket contains the following books for babies and young children:
- What do you call a baby ...? a book about our native animals and the names of their young;
- Counting Our Country: a bi-lingual counting book which explores the numbers from one to ten;
- In the bush I see: a playful look at the animals the author sees in the bush near her home in Tasmania;
- My Country: follows a little girl as she explores the country she loves, singing the earth’s song;
- I Love Me: a playful, rhyming book about loving and accepting ourselves no matter what;
- We All Sleep: a gentle journey through a day, celebrating the interconnectedness of people and animals;
- 1 2 3 of Australian Animals: an delightful introduction to the numbers 1-15 and a wonderful exploration of Australian animals;
- Reading Magic: Mem Fox's fascinating book for parents about the joys and importance of reading aloud to our little ones;
Please note that the book cover images shown here may differ to those in the basket depending on the print edition.
A super-soft Jellycat Bashful Koala is great for little hands to hold while listening to the story.
The beautiful, sturdy basket is designed to store the books so that they can be kept tidy and close at hand.
Our beautiful baskets are made especially for The Book Basket Company to our specifications and are sturdy enough to stand up to a bit of less-than-gentle handling from little ones. The cute liners are sewn for us here in Sydney by a lovely lady who operates her small business from home.
Basket: white-painted cane
Basket liner: 100% cotton
Jellycat Bashful Koala: polyester, plastic bead filling
Your Aboriginal Authors Gift Basket is designed to stand up to normal wear-and-tear and to handling by young children:
Basket: wipe gently with a damp cloth.
Liner: wash gently in cold water, if needed. Line dry. Do not tumble dry as the cotton will shrink.
Jellycat Bashful Koala: spot clean with a damp cloth to remove any marks. Can be hand-washed.
Books: board books are designed to be handled by babies and small children and we encourage this as it’s an important part of how little ones get to know and love books. Yes, the books are likely to become a bit worn but we think that’s OK!
Our gift baskets are shrink-wrapped to prevent the books moving around in transit. Each gift basket is protected by a layer of biodegradable, eco-friendly fill inside its shipping box:
Basket (empty): 23cm x 23cm x 14cm (height)
Basket (with books): 23cm x 23cm x 21cm (height)
Basket boxed for delivery: 30cm x 30cm x 30cm
We’re sure you and the little bookworm in your life will love your Aboriginal Authors Gift Basket but if for any reason you don’t please don’t worry. You can return your gift basket, no questions asked, and we’ll give you a full refund, including postage.