Bedtime Gift Basket
Give the gift of reading with our Bedtime Gift Basket
Snuggling up with a baby to read aloud is a lovely thing to do and it also helps little ones to develop language and early literacy skills.
Our Bedtime Gift Basket is the perfect new baby gift, baby shower gift or birthday gift for a beloved grandchild, niece or nephew or friend.
The Bedtime Gift Basket includes:
- 6 books for babies chosen by a mum and teacher to encourage a love of stories and reading;
- Reading Magic, a book for parents about the benefits of reading aloud;
- a soft toy for little hands to hold at story time;
- a gorgeous, sturdy basket to keep books tidy and easily available to little ones;
Our Bedtime Gift Basket is perfect for babies and for little ones up to the age of four.
It’s the perfect new baby gift, baby shower gift or birthday gift for a beloved grandchild or friend.
The books in our Bedtime Gift Basket have been carefully chosen to enhance the development of young brains by providing a variety of listening experiences. The emphasis is on the rhyme and rhythmic language which babies and small children love so much and which is so important for stimulating their love of language and their awareness of how language works.
Keep your basket of books close at hand to allow easy access to the books for little ones and to encourage impromptu read-aloud sessions.
Our Bedtime Gift Basket contains the following books:
- Reading Magic: Mem Fox's classic book for parents about the many benefits of reading aloud to little ones;
- Time for Bed: a gentle, rhyming story about baby animals settling down to sleep with their parents;
- Guess How Much I Love You: Little Nutbrown Hare settles down for the night as his father tells him how much he loves him;
- Goodnight Moon: a classic book about a little rabbit saying goodnight to all the things in his room;
- The Going to Bed Book: Sandra Boynton's rhyming text and hilarious illustrations show animals going through their bedtime routines;
- Good Night, Sleep Tight: a rhyming story about Bonnie and Ben whose favourite babysitter tells them nursery rhymes as they get ready for bed;
- Can't You Sleep, Little Bear? Little Bear is frightened of the dark and can't get to sleep so Big Bear sets out to help;
Please note that the book cover images shown here may differ to those in the basket depending on the print edition.
A Little Nutbrown Hare soft toy (he's from Guess How Much I Love You) is great for little hands to hold while listening to the stories.
The beautiful, sturdy basket is designed to store the books so that they can be kept tidy and close at hand.
Our beautiful baskets and liners are made especially for The Book Basket Company to our specifications and are sturdy enough to stand up to a bit of less-than-gentle handling from little ones:
Basket: white-painted cane
Basket liner: 100% cotton
Little Nutbrown Hare toy: polyester
Our gift baskets are shrink-wrapped to prevent the books moving around in transit. Each gift basket is protected by a layer of biodegradable, eco-friendly fill inside its shipping box:
Basket (empty): 23cm x 23cm x 14cm (height)
Basket (with books): 23cm x 23cm x 21cm (height)
Basket boxed for delivery: 30cm x 30cm x 30cm
Your Bedtime Gift Basket is designed to stand up to normal wear-and-tear and to handling by young children:
Basket: wipe gently with a damp cloth.
Liner: wash gently in cold water, if needed. Line dry. Do not tumble dry as the cotton will shrink.
Little Nutbrown Hare toy: spot clean with a damp cloth to remove any marks. Can be hand-washed. Air dry.
Books: board books are designed to be handled by babies and small children and we encourage this as it's an important part of how little ones get to know and love books. Yes, the books are likely to become a bit worn but we think that's OK. We suggest being a bit careful with Can't You Sleep Little Bear? because the pop-up pieces are easily damaged by little fingers. You may like to keep this one out of reach of the under-2s, to be shared as a read-aloud with Mum or Dad.
We are sure you and the little bookworm in your life will love your Bedtime Gift Basket but if for any reason you don't please don't worry. You can return your gift basket, no questions asked, and we'll give you a full refund, including postage.