Little Scientist Gift Basket
Looking for a gift that’s just a little bit different for a baby or young child?
Delight a budding scientist – or a science-loving mum or dad – with our Little Scientist Gift Basket filled with these gorgeous science books for babies.
Each book is great fun to read aloud and has been carefully chosen to delight parents and budding little scientists from birth up to the age of 4. These are the books which will help create treasured childhood memories and spark a love of stories and reading – and perhaps science – which will last a lifetime.
Whether your gift is for a special birthday, a baby shower or for a new baby, our Little Scientist Gift Basket is the perfect gift.
- 6 science books for babies chosen to encourage a love of stories and reading;
- Mem Fox’s book for parents about the joys and importance of reading aloud;
- a soft toy for little hands to hold at story time;
- a gorgeous, sturdy basket to keep books tidy and within easy reach;
We received your Baby’s First Library Gift Basket when our daughter was born and it was my favourite gift. It was so beautifully presented and the books themselves are just gorgeous. A great idea for a gift!
My brother is a science teacher and his wife is an English teacher so when I saw your Little Scientist Gift Basket I figured it was the perfect gift for their new baby. And I was right! They absolutely adore the books and the basket too.
Reading is so important and such a joy and I’m all for starting to read aloud as early as possible. Your gift baskets are just beautiful and are always received with lots of wows! I’ve just ordered my fourth, this time for a new little one-year-old.
Our Little Scientist Gift Basket is perfect for babies and for little ones up to the age of four.
It’s the perfect new baby gift, baby shower gift or birthday gift for a beloved grandchild or friend.
The books in our Little Scientist Gift Basket have been carefully chosen to delight little ones and their parents. With simple, bright illustrations and clever, sparse text, these books are great fun to read aloud and for little ones to look at on their own as they grow. If Mum or Dad is a scientist, they'll love these books. If they're not, they'll learn along with their little scientist!
Keep your basket of books close at hand to allow easy access to the books for little ones and to encourage impromptu read-aloud sessions.
Your Little Scientist Gift Basket contains the following books:
- Astrophysics for Babies: written by a physicist and dad, this larger-format board book features colourful images, simple text and a tongue-in-cheek approach to introducing how physics and chemistry affect heavenly bodies in space;
- Goodnight Lab: it's been a long day at the lab for this scientist and now it's time to say goodnight! This rhyming book is inspired by Margaret Wise Brown's classic book Goodnight Moon;
- The ABCs of Science: another larger-format board book written by a physicist and dad, this book features colourful, scientifically-accurate illustrations, simple text and a tongue-in-cheek approach to introducing basic scientific concepts;
- My First Jane Goodall: a beautiful introduction to the world's foremost expert on chimpanzees, perfect for little hands;
- My First Stephen Hawking OR My First Marie Curie: a cute introduction to these famous scientists;
- 8 Little Planets: a rhyming book which celebrates the planets and what makes each one unique;
- Reading Magic: Mem Fox's fascinating book for parents about the joys and importance of reading aloud to our little ones;
Please note that the book cover images shown here may differ to those in the basket depending on the print edition.
A deliciously-soft Jellycat toy is great for little hands to hold while listening to the stories.
The beautiful, sturdy basket is designed to store the books so that they can be kept close at hand.
Our beautiful baskets are made especially for The Book Basket Company to our specifications and are sturdy enough to stand up to a bit of less-than-gentle handling from little ones. The cute liners are sewn for us here in Sydney by a lovely lady who operates her small business from home.
Basket: white-painted cane
Basket liner: 100% cotton
Jellycat Bashful Monkey: polyester, plastic bead filling
Your Little Scientist Gift Basket is designed to stand up to normal wear-and-tear and to handling by young children:
Basket: wipe gently with a damp cloth.
Liner: wash gently in cold water, if needed. Line dry. Do not tumble dry as the cotton will shrink.
Jellycat Bashful Monkey: spot clean with a damp cloth to remove any marks. Can be hand-washed.
Books: board books are designed to be handled by babies and small children and we encourage this as it’s an important part of how little ones get to know and love books. Yes, the books are likely to become a bit worn but we think that’s OK!
Our gift baskets are shrink-wrapped to prevent the books moving around in transit. Each gift basket is protected by a layer of biodegradable, eco-friendly fill inside its shipping box:
Basket (empty): 23cm x 23cm x 14cm (height)
Basket (with books): 23cm x 23cm x 21cm (height)
Basket boxed for delivery: 30cm x 30cm x 30cm
We’re sure you and the little bookworm in your life will love your Little Scientist Gift Basket but if for any reason you don’t please don’t worry. You can return your gift basket, no questions asked, and we’ll give you a full refund, including postage.
Shopping for two little ones? Why not add one of these cuties to your gift basket?
With deliciously-soft midnight-blue fur and lovely flopsy ears full of twinkling starts, Jellycat Bashful Stardust Bunny is the perfect friend for little hands to hold while reading. She adores cuddles and just loves listening to stories!
Velvety-soft with adorably large, floppy ears and feet, Little Nutbrown Hare is the perfect friend for little hands to hold while reading. He just loves listening to stories, especially his own story – Guess How Much I Love You!
Deliciously soft and cuddly, little Lewis the Lion is the most affectionate cub on the savannah. He loves playing, snuggling and practising his roar. And he loves listening to stories, especially if they’re about animals!