Baby’s First Library Gift Basket
Give the gift of reading with our Baby’s First Library Gift Basket
Snuggling up with a baby to read aloud is a lovely thing to do and it also helps little ones to develop language and early literacy skills.
Our Baby’s First Library Gift Basket is the perfect new baby gift, baby shower gift or birthday gift for a beloved grandchild, niece or nephew or friend.
The Baby’s First Library Gift Basket includes:
- 7 books for babies chosen by a mum and teacher to encourage a love of stories and reading;
- Reading Magic, a book for parents about the benefits of reading aloud;
- a soft toy for little hands to hold at story time;
- a gorgeous, sturdy basket to keep books tidy and easily available to little ones;
Our Baby's First Library Gift Basket is perfect for babies and for little ones up to the age of four.
It’s the perfect new baby gift, baby shower gift or birthday gift for a beloved grandchild or friend.
The books for babies in our Baby's First Library Gift Basket have been carefully chosen to enhance the development of young brains by providing a variety of listening experiences. The emphasis is on the rhyme and rhythmic language which babies and small children love so much and which is so important for stimulating their love of language and their awareness of how language works.
Keep your basket of books close at hand to allow easy access to the books for little ones and to encourage impromptu read-aloud sessions.
Our Baby's First Library Gift Basket contains the following books for babies and young children:
- Reading Magic: Mem Fox's classic book for parents about the benefits of reading aloud;
- Where is the Green Sheep? a rhyming quest for the missing green sheep hilariously illustrated by Judy Horacek;
- When We Were Very Young: a classic collection of poems for little ones from the author of Winnie-the-Pooh;
- Hairy MacLary from Donaldson’s Dairy: a funny, rhyming story about Hairy Maclary and his doggie friends;
- Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes: a poem of love to babies around the world written in gentle, rhyming verse;
- Guess How Much I Love You: Little Nutbrown Hare settles down for the night as his father tells him how much he loves him;
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar: a counting book about a caterpillar who eats a lot before turning into a beautiful butterfly;
- The Tale of Peter Rabbit: the classic story of a mischievous rabbit who disobeys his mother;
Please note that the book cover images shown here may differ to those in the basket depending on the print edition.
A Little Nutbrown Hare soft toy (he's from Guess How Much I Love You) is great for little hands to hold while listening to the story.
The beautiful, sturdy basket is designed to store the books so that they can be kept tidy and close at hand.
Our beautiful baskets and liners are made especially for The Book Basket Company to our specifications and are sturdy enough to stand up to a bit of less-than-gentle handling from little ones:
Basket: white-painted cane
Basket liner: 100% cotton
Little Nutbrown Hare toy: polyester
Our gift baskets are shrink-wrapped to prevent the books moving around in transit. Each gift basket is protected by a layer of biodegradable, eco-friendly fill inside its shipping box:
Basket (empty): 23cm x 23cm x 14cm (height)
Basket (with books): 23cm x 23cm x 21cm (height)
Basket boxed for delivery: 30cm x 30cm x 30cm
Your Baby's First Library Gift Basket is designed to stand up to normal wear-and-tear and to handling by young children:
Basket: wipe gently with a damp cloth.
Liner: wash gently in cold water, if needed. Line dry. Do not tumble dry as the cotton will shrink.
Little Nutbrown Hare toy: spot clean with a damp cloth to remove any marks. Can be hand-washed. Air dry.
Books: board books are designed to be handled by babies and small children and we encourage this as it's an important part of how little ones get to know and love books. Yes, the books are likely to become a bit worn but we think that's OK. We suggest being a bit careful with When We Were Very Young and The Tale of Peter Rabbit as these are not board books. You may like to keep them out of reach of the under-2s, to be shared as read-alouds with Mum or Dad.
We are sure you and the little bookworm in your life will love your Baby's First Library Gift Basket but if for any reason you don't please don't worry. You can return your gift basket, no questions asked, and we'll give you a full refund, including postage.