My Feelings Gift Basket
Help a little one learn about their emotions with the special books in our My Feelings Gift Basket.
Helping young children understand their emotions is one of the most important things we can do for them and it’s never too early to start. Babies start to tune in to the emotions of other people from a very young age and books are the perfect way to build on this interest.
This collection of special books is perfect for parents to share with their little ones and is suitable for babies from birth up to the age of five.
Your My Feelings Gift Basket includes:
- 7 books for young children chosen to encourage a love of stories and reading;
- a soft toy for little hands to hold at story time;
- our signature gift basket;
- a hand-written card;
Our My Feelings Gift Basket is the perfect gift for babies and for little ones up to the age of four.
Understanding our own emotions and those of other people is where empathy, confidence and lifelong mental health all begin. That's why it's so important that we help our little ones learn how to pay attention to their feelings and to talk about them from an early age.
The books in our My Feelings Gift Basket have been carefully chosen to help parents and caregivers begin these vital conversations. The board books are designed for little ones to handle themselves as this is an important part of helping children develop a love of books and reading.
Our signature gift basket is a cute and handy place to store the books, with space to add more books as the child's library grows. It's designed to be kept close at hand to allow easy access to the books for little ones and to encourage impromptu read-aloud sessions.
Our My Feelings Gift Basket contains the following books for babies and young children:
- Find Out About Feelings: a lift-the-flap book about emotions which invites children to name the emotions the children are feeling in the illustrations;
- The Colour Monster: a cute and funny book which explores feelings and colours and how they might be related;
- The Feelings Book: a gorgeously colourful, laugh-out-loud book about all the different ways we feel;
- I Feel Angry: a book about how anger feels, why it happens in our bodies and how to stop it getting too big;
- I Feel Sad: a book about how sadness feels, why it happens in our bodies and how to stop it getting too big;
- I Feel Happy: a book about how happiness feels in our bodies and all the things that can make us feel happy;
- I Feel Brave: a book about how it feels to feel brave, what happens inside our bodies and all the things we do that are brave;
Please note that the book cover images shown here may differ to those in the basket depending on the print edition.
A super-soft Jellycat Stardust Bashful Bunny is great for little hands to hold while listening to the story.
Our signature gift basket is a beautiful, sturdy basket designed to store the books so that they can be kept tidy and close at hand.
Our beautiful baskets are made especially for The Book Basket Company to our specifications and are sturdy enough to stand up to a bit of less-than-gentle handling from little ones. The cute liners are sewn for us in Canberra by a lovely lady who operates her small business from home.
Basket: white-painted cane
Basket liner: 100% cotton
Bashful Bunny toy: polyester outer, plastic pellets
Your My Feelings Gift Basket is designed to stand up to normal wear-and-tear and to handling by young children:
Basket: wipe gently with a damp cloth.
Liner: wash gently in cold water, if needed. Line dry. Do not tumble dry as the cotton will shrink.
Bashful Bunny: spot clean with a damp cloth to remove any marks. Can be hand-washed. Air dry.
Books: board books are designed to be handled by babies and small children and we encourage this as it’s an important part of how little ones get to know and love books. Yes, the books are likely to become a bit worn but we think that’s OK. We suggest being a bit careful with Find Out About Feelings as the flaps can be damaged. You may like to keep this one out of reach of the under-2s, to be shared as read-alouds with Mum or Dad.
Our gift baskets are shrink-wrapped to prevent the books moving around in transit. Each gift basket is protected by a layer of biodegradable, eco-friendly fill inside its shipping box:
Basket (empty): 23cm x 23cm x 14cm (height)
Basket (with books): 23cm x 23cm x 21cm (height)
Basket boxed for delivery: 31cm x 31cm x 31cm
We’re sure you and the little bookworm in your life will love their My Feelings Gift Basket but if for any reason they don’t please don’t worry. You can return your gift basket, no questions asked, and we’ll give you a full refund, including postage.