Christmas Gift Basket
Give the gift of reading with our Christmas Gift Basket
Snuggling up with little people to read Christmas books together is one of the loveliest family Christmas traditions you can create for your children and we’ve found the best Christmas books for kids to help you do just that.
Our Christmas Gift Basket is the perfect gift for a new baby’s first Christmas, for a young child or for a family you love.
The Christmas Gift Basket includes:
- 6 children’s Christmas books to encourage a love of stories and reading;
- Reading Magic, a book for parents about the benefits of reading aloud;
- a soft Christmas toy for little hands to hold at story time;
- a gorgeous, sturdy basket to keep books tidy and easily available to little ones;
Our Christmas Gift Basket are the perfect gift for a baby's first Christmas or for a family with young children
Reading Christmas books together is one of the best family Christmas traditions we can create for the children in our lives and giving the gift of a collection of special Christmas books is a lovely way to say "I'm thinking of you" in the weeks leading up to Christmas.
It's a wonderful way to connect with beloved children who you might not be able to see as often as you'd like and to encourage them in their reading journey.
Keep your basket of books close at hand to allow easy access to the books for little ones and to encourage impromptu read-aloud sessions.
Our Christmas Gift Basket contains the following children's Christmas books:
- Reading Magic: a book for parents about the benefits of reading aloud;
- 'Twas The Night Before Christmas: a beautiful board book edition of the famous story poem;
- Baby's Very First Touchy-Feely Christmas Book: a bright and colourful book for 0-2-year-olds;
- Slinky Malinki's Christmas Crackers: a hilarious, rhyming story about the Christmas antics of a mischievous cat;
- Letters from Father Christmas: a collection of the beautifully-illustrated letters received each year by the Tolkein children from Father Christmas;
- Spot's First Christmas: a colourful, engaging life-the-flap book for 0-3-year-olds;
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas! the classic Dr Seuss story of the Grinch's plan to spoil Christmas for the Whos;
Please note that the book cover images shown here may differ to those in the basket depending on the print edition.
A cuddly Santa toy is included for little hands to hold while listening to the stories.
The beautiful, sturdy basket is designed to store the books so that they can be kept tidy and close at hand.
Our beautiful baskets and liners are made especially for The Book Basket Company to our specifications and are sturdy enough to stand up to a bit of less-than-gentle handling from little ones:
Basket: white-painted cane
Basket liner: 100% cotton
Santa toy: polyester
Our gift baskets are shrink-wrapped to prevent the books moving around in transit. Each gift basket is protected by a layer of biodegradable, eco-friendly fill inside its shipping box:
Basket (empty): 23cm x 23cm x 14cm (height)
Basket (with books): 23cm x 23cm x 25cm (height)
Basket boxed for delivery: 30cm x 30cm x 30cm
Your Christmas Gift Basket is designed to stand up to normal wear-and-tear and to handling by young children:
Basket: wipe gently with a damp cloth.
Liner: wash gently in cold water, if needed. Line dry. Do not tumble dry as the cotton will shrink.
Christmas toy: spot clean with a damp cloth to remove any marks.
Books: board books are designed to be handled by babies and small children and we encourage this as it's an important part of how little ones get to know and love books. Yes, the books are likely to become a bit worn but we think that's OK. We suggest being a bit careful with lift-the-flap books as children under 2 may not have the manual dexterity to lift the flaps without tearing them. Letters from Father Christmas is not a board book. This is the only book in our Christmas Gift Basket that we suggest keeping out of reach of the under-3s, to be shared as a special read-aloud with Mum or Dad.
We are sure you and the little bookworm in your life will love your Christmas Gift Basket but if for any reason you don't please don't worry. You can return your gift basket, no questions asked, and we'll give you a full refund, including postage.