Nursery Rhyme Gift Basket
Give the gift of reading with our Nursery Rhyme Gift Basket
Snuggling up with a little person to read nursery rhymes together is fun but did you know it also boosts vocabulary and language development and helps develop important pre-literacy skills?
Our Nursery Rhyme Gift Basket is the perfect gift for a baby and for any young child up to the age of four. It’s the perfect new baby gift, baby shower gift or birthday gift for a beloved grandchild, niece or nephew or friend.
The Nursery Rhyme Gift Basket includes:
- 4 books of nursery rhymes for children to encourage a love of stories and reading;
- 10 chunky little nursery rhyme books, perfect for little hands;
- Reading Magic, a book for parents about the benefits of reading aloud;
- a super-soft Jellycat toy for little hands to hold at story time;
- a gorgeous, sturdy basket to keep books tidy and easily available to little ones;
Our Nursery Rhyme Gift Basket is perfect for babies and for little ones up to the age of four.
It’s the perfect new baby gift, baby shower gift or birthday gift for a beloved grandchild or friend.
The books of nursery rhymes and songs in our Nursery Rhyme Gift Basket have been carefully chosen to enhance the development of young brains by providing a variety of listening experiences. The emphasis is on the rhyme and rhythmic language which babies and small children love so much and which is so important for stimulating their love of language and their awareness of how language works.
Keep your basket of books close at hand to allow easy access to the books for little ones and to encourage impromptu read-aloud sessions.
Our Nursery Rhyme Gift Basket contains the following books of nursery rhymes for children:
- Reading Magic: Mem Fox's classic book for parents about the benefits of reading aloud;
- Little Nursery Rhymes Book Tower: 10 chunky board books which are great for little hands to hold (limited stock: may be replaced with Bonnie and Ben Rhyme Again by Mem Fox);
- Clare Beaton's Nursery Rhymes: a selection of well-known nursery rhymes in a cute board book;
- Each Peach Pear Plum: children search for hidden nursery rhyme characters in this delightful rhyming book;
- Usborne's Very First Nursery Rhymes: a beautifully-illustrated collection of classic nursery rhymes (board book);
- Usborne's Illustrated Nursery Rhymes: a special collection of 108 nursery rhymes and songs;
Please note that the book cover images shown here may differ to those in the basket depending on the print edition.
A deliciously soft Jellycat toy is great for little hands to hold while listening to the nursery rhymes.
The beautiful, sturdy basket is designed to store the books so that they can be kept tidy and close at hand.
Our beautiful baskets and liners are made especially for The Book Basket Company to our specifications and are sturdy enough to stand up to a bit of less-than-gentle handling from little ones:
Basket: white-painted cane
Basket liner: 100% cotton
Jellycat toy: polyester fibres, plastic pellets
Our gift baskets are shrink-wrapped to prevent the books moving around in transit. Each gift basket is protected by a layer of biodegradable, eco-friendly fill inside its shipping box:
Basket (empty): 23cm x 23cm x 14cm (height)
Basket (with books): 23cm x 23cm x 24cm (height)
Basket boxed for delivery: 30cm x 30cm x 30cm
Your Nursery Rhyme Gift Basket is designed to stand up to normal wear-and-tear and to handling by young children:
Basket: wipe gently with a damp cloth.
Liner: wash gently in cold water, if needed. Line dry. Do not tumble dry as the cotton will shrink.
Jellycat toy: spot clean with a damp cloth to remove any marks. Can be hand-washed.
Books: board books are designed to be handled by babies and small children and we encourage this as it's an important part of how little ones get to know and love books. Yes, the books are likely to become a bit worn but we think that's OK. We suggest being a bit careful with Bonnie and Ben Rhyme Again and with Usborne's Illustrated Nursery Rhymes as these are not board books. You may like to keep them out of reach of the under-2s, to be shared as read-alouds with Mum or Dad.
We are sure you and the little bookworm in your life will love your Nursery Rhyme Gift Basket but if for any reason you don't please don't worry. You can return your gift basket, no questions asked, and we'll give you a full refund, including postage.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.