Like the books in all our book baskets, the books in our Nursery Rhyme Gift Basket have been carefully chosen to enhance infant cognitive development by providing a variety of listening experiences.
The emphasis is on the rhyme and rhythmic language which babies and small children love so much and which is so important for stimulating their love of language and their awareness of how language works.
The Nursery Rhyme Gift Basket contains the following books:
Please note that the book cover images shown here may differ to those in the basket depending on print edition.
- Reading Magic: Why Reading Aloud to our Children Will Change their Lives Forever
- Little Nursery Rhymes Book Tower (10 chunky board books)
- Clare Beaton’s Nursery Rhymes (board book)
- Each Peach Pear Plum
- Usborne’s Very First Nursery Rhymes (board book)
- Usborne’s Illustrated Nursery Rhymes
A deliciously soft Jellycat toy is great for little hands to hold while listening to these lovely nursery rhymes for babies.
The basket is designed to store the books so that they can be kept close at hand, either in baby’s bedroom or in the family living area. This makes it easy for parents to reach for a story regularly throughout the day.
When baby can sit up – and later crawl – the basket can be kept on the floor to encourage baby to handle the books whenever he or she likes.