Nursery Rhyme Gift Basket
Snuggling up with mum or dad to read nursery rhymes is a joyful experience for little ones but did you you know that it also helps to develop important language and pre-literacy skills?
The gorgeous books of nursery rhymes in our Nursery Rhyme Gift Basket are perfect for creating those special moments between mum or dad and their little one and can be shared with babies from birth. Each book is a joy to read aloud and has been carefully chosen to delight parents and small humans up to the age of four.
Whether your gift is for a special birthday, a baby shower or for a new baby, our Nursery Rhyme Gift Basket is the perfect gift.
Your Nursery Rhyme Gift Basket includes:
- 4 books of nursery rhymes for babies and toddlers chosen to encourage a love of reading;
- 2 nursery rhyme-themed books;
- Mem Fox’s book for parents about the joys and importance of reading aloud;
- a super-soft Jellycat toy for little hands to hold at story time;
- a gorgeous, sturdy basket to keep books tidy and within easy reach;
We received your Baby’s First Library Gift Basket when our daughter was born and it was my favourite gift. It was so beautifully presented and the books themselves are just gorgeous. A great idea for a gift!
A friend and I gave the Nursery Rhyme Gift Basket to another one of our friends at her baby shower and she loved it! We’re all big readers so we were always going to give her books but this was next-level book awesomeness!
Reading is so important and such a joy and I’m all for starting to read aloud as early as possible. Your gift baskets are just beautiful and are always received with lots of wows! I’ve just ordered my fourth, this time for a new little one-year-old.
Shopping for two little ones? Add one of these to your gift basket …
Our Nursery Rhyme Gift Basket contains six books of nursery rhymes for babies and is perfect for little ones up to the age of four.
It’s the perfect new baby gift, baby shower gift or birthday gift for a beloved grandchild or friend.
The books of nursery rhymes and songs in our Nursery Rhyme Gift Basket have been carefully chosen to enhance the development of young brains by providing a variety of listening experiences. The emphasis is on the rhyme and rhythmic language which babies and small children love so much and which is so important for stimulating their love of language and their awareness of how language works.
Keep your basket of books close at hand to allow easy access to the books for little ones and to encourage impromptu read-aloud sessions.
Your Nursery Rhyme Gift Basket contains the following nursery rhyme books for babies and young children:
- Good Night, Sleep Tight: Bonnie and Ben's favourite babysitter tells them nursery rhymes as they get ready for bed;
- Clare Beaton's Nursery Rhymes: a selection of nursery rhymes in a cute board book;
- Clare Beaton's Animal Rhymes, Action Rhymes, Garden Rhymes or Bedtime Rhymes: a selection of themed nursery rhymes in a cute board book;
- Each Peach Pear Plum: children search for hidden nursery rhyme characters in this delightful rhyming book;
- Usborne Illustrated Nursery Rhymes: a beautiful book of over 100 classic nursery rhymes;
- Lucy Cousins Nursery Rhymes: a cute book of nursery rhymes for babies illustrated by Lucy Cousins, the creator of Maisy;
- Reading Magic: Mem Fox's fascinating book for parents about the joys and importance of reading aloud to our little ones;
Please note that the book cover images shown here may differ to those in the basket depending on the print edition.
A deliciously soft Jellycat toy is great for little hands to hold while listening to the nursery rhymes.
The beautiful, sturdy basket is designed to store the books so that they can be kept tidy and close at hand.
Our beautiful baskets are made especially for The Book Basket Company to our specifications and are sturdy enough to stand up to a bit of less-than-gentle handling from little ones. The cute liners are sewn for us here in Sydney by a lovely lady who operates her small business from home.
Basket: white-painted cane
Basket liner: 100% cotton
Jellycat Bashful Puppy: polyester, plastic bead filling
Your Nursery Rhyme Gift Basket is designed to stand up to normal wear-and-tear and to handling by young children:
Basket: wipe gently with a damp cloth.
Liner: wash gently in cold water, if needed. Line dry. Do not tumble dry as the cotton will shrink.
Jellycat Bashful Puppy: spot clean with a damp cloth to remove any marks. Can be hand-washed.
Books: board books are designed to be handled by babies and small children and we encourage this as it’s an important part of how little ones get to know and love books. Yes, the books are likely to become a bit worn but we think that’s OK. We suggest being a bit careful with Usborne’s Illustrated Nursery Rhymes as this one isn’t a board book. You may like to keep this one out of reach of the under-2s, to be shared as a read-aloud with Mum or Dad.
Our gift baskets are shrink-wrapped to prevent the books moving around in transit. Each gift basket is protected by a layer of biodegradable, eco-friendly fill inside its shipping box:
Basket (empty): 23cm x 23cm x 14cm (height)
Basket (with books): 23cm x 23cm x 24cm (height)
Basket boxed for delivery: 30cm x 30cm x 30cm
We are sure you and the little bookworm in your life will love your Nursery Rhyme Gift Basket but if for any reason you don’t please don’t worry. You can return your gift basket, no questions asked, and we’ll give you a full refund, including postage.